Family Healthcare Plan Details
Getting Answers to Healthcare
Healthcare is complicated, but it is HomePort's commitment to clarify any questions you may have before you and your family make a decision to join our healthcare solution. This section presents our approach for getting your family affordable healthcare and it is divided into sections to enable you to find the appropriate information that is most important to your family. For specific questions, you can also go to our FAQ section.
Healthcare Plan Options
There really only are four types of Healthcare Plans:
- Community Health Plan (CHP) is for all people. CHP plans have a low cost and have the greatest selection of benefits and coverages.
- Federal ACA Plan is for people with major medical issues. ACA plans are very expensive and should only be purchased if you have significant, long term medical costs.
- Medicare is for people 65 and older
- Medicaid is for low income people. Usually under about $30,000 per year.
What You Need to Know
First, it is very important to know, healthcare insurance is not the same as having a healthcare plan.
A healthcare plan includes several components:
- How your family's medical bills are managed and paid
- How and where you get medical treatment
- How and where to get affordable medications
Healthcare insurance is about how your medical bills are paid when you have a serious medical issue. Unfortunately, healthcare insurance today:
- Charges you a monthly premium price, which is not affordable
- Charges you again when you have a Medical Event. Called a deductible and co-insurance, these costs are also unaffordable by most people.
Making Healthcare Affordable
Our objectives for you:
- Provide your family with the lowest monthly cost healthcare program.
- Provide your family with the lowest Out-of-Pocket cost when you need medical treatment.
- Provide your family with medical financing and payment options to pay your medical bills.
- Provide your family with greater healthcare benefits and options than any insurance plan in the marketplace.
How we meet these objectives:
- We offer lower cost, discounted plans for healthy people and guaranteed issue plans for people with medical issues.
- You choose your own plan deductible; $250 to $2,000.
- You receive cash reimbursements to help you pay your bills when you have an accident or are diagnosed with a critical illness.
- We assign to you a healthcare "Concierge" to manage and oversee your entire healthcare program; to negotiate prices and arrange payment terms.